יום שני, ספטמבר 19, 2005

Another version of why do I write?

Vered who is a dear friend wrote to me (I editted it a bit):
I visited your blog. It was very long, [so] I didn't read [it] all, and I agreed [with] some of it. I didn't undarstand why [do] you write these things.
So I answerd her:
Firstly, let me answer why do I write this blog:
1. The media (and therefore the most accessible historical records) seems to belong to two groups, the Mitnahalim and to their oponents from Meretz and Shinui. Nobody will remeber that there were people who looked at the whole situation differently. Nobody will remeber that there were sane (like normal, the oposite of insane, where insane means michigeners) people who were silenced by the meshugaim from both sides. I want to make sure that it will be known that I saw the whole situation differently.
2. I happened to believe in the Torah and I think that what is written in "Behukotai" is relevant to the Jewish state and is actually happening now and maybe I may influence people to see that. May be I could influence you and others to actually spread the message and maybe we may save the day.
3. I happened to believe in the Torah in a wider way and I am worried. I see the midrash about the final decision to bring the flood when they began to give marriage lisences to homosexual couples, a midrash that we could not even understand when we were young and now it's common place. I see that and I am worried about the results that may come in my lifetime. Don't you see the Sitra Ahara with your own eyes? Don't you think that we all have to yell "Fire"!?
It is possible that I take the emunah too much literally, but doing otherwise and sitting and doing nothing seems to me to be more insane then yelling in public even though I know very well that most people would not listen. Please, have as many people as possible read my blog.